Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Having Passion in Leadership..

I am reading a book by John C. Maxwell called " the 21 indispensable qualities of a leader". It is an amazing book. I have really struggled with some issues at work over the past months and I have determined that if I cannot change things, I can change my own attitude and outlook.

"When a leader reaches out in passion, he is usually met with an answering passion" ~John Maxwell.

In the book, there is a chapter that talks about passion and how it applies to leadership. Here are the four truths that he shares:

1. Passion is your first step to achievement..
2. Passion increases your will power..
3. Passion changes you..
4. Passion makes the impossible Possible..

If you truly believe in what you are doing, it will show in everything that you do. He writes that "passion is contagious . Schedule some time with people who can infect you with it".

I once heard that you should only be friends with people that make you a better person. So true.. Spend as much time with those who continually build you up and encourage you to do your best..

No comments: